Sections

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Big announcement from Bethesda

BIG BIG BIG news, hot off the presses (only a few days late) is that we have confirmation that Fallout 4 is coming! No more rumors, no more shady website giving shady information but actually confirmation from Bethesda with a teaser trailer.

I am a HUGE fan of the Fallout series and loved 3 and New Vegas. I can still go back to the on the older consoles and drop hours on end just walking around. Hopefully they can fix some of the flaws that the older games had with the new consoles such as more dynamic enemies, interactive NPC and more use of the VATS system.

First up is, dynamic enemies. In all of Bethesda games it feels like there is only one combat system for them and that is head down charge into my bow/gun depending on which game I am playing. A more dynamic style would be appreciative, make them smarter and harder to beat. Let them know "Oh, if I use this cover over here it will help me take out my enemy and I will get shot less"

More interactive NPC and VATS will go a long way. I accidentally pick up an apple from a table and every body wants me dead. I could drop a bandits head on the dinner table and have no reaction what-so-ever. A complete rework of the VATS isn't needed but an update could help. Give us more reason to aim for a part other than the head.

Smaller news, still enjoying the Witcher 3 and slowly getting back into my gaming rhythm with about 1-2 hours a day. A bit of LoL, WoW and Witcher is a good bit of fun.

Once I hear more about Fallout 4 from E3 I will be keeping you up to date. Follow me on twitter @The_Gaming_Dad for more updates and fun tidbits. Until next time Gaming Daddy OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment