Sections

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Neverwinter and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

   
   On Tuesday Neverwinter dropped on the Xbox One and I tried to play on launch day. That is never a good idea to play an MMO on launch day even though I keep trying. It was a typical launch that was buggy and extremely laggy. From the part that I was able to play it became clear that this game is clearly set-up for a huge money sink on the consumer side. Most MMOs that are F2P will allow a subscription model to allow more character slots, bank slots, inventory bag slots, etc.... Neverwinter's only option is F2P with purchasing. 
     There are six starting classes I was able to choose from; Trickster Rogue, Devoted Cleric, Control Wizard, Scourge Warlock,  Great Weapons Fighter, and Guardian Fighter. I play classes unlike anyone else and that is aesthetically. My classes are usually the flashy mage classes but with this game I couldn't bring myself to play the Control Wizard. That is because after I cast an ability and walk the character walks extremely weird with her hands in the air. So for now I am maining a Trickster Rogue because out of all the classes I tried this class had the highest DPS.
     I only made it to level 10 before I had to switch to another game due to lag but overall this is a fun game and I am glad to see more MMOs making their way to consoles.

   

    Another game I have been playing for a few days is Borderlands: The Handsome Collection which includes Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. At first, I was not going to buy it because we are very tight financially this month but a friend I play with was gracious in helping me out so we could play together.
     This game is extremely fun to play solo or with friends. The graphics are made to have a cartoony feel to them but thanks to these graphics this game is it's own game and can't be compared to others. The humor in this game is top notch at every turn. When I bought this game it came with both DLC characters for both games and a few skin/head customizations. There is a class for ranged, pets class, and up close and personal. Any play style I wanted I could choose. So, I went with the Siren and a Mecromancer because I love the ability on the Siren and being able to have a "meat shield" with the mecromancer.

I plan to stream both of these games so follow me on twitter for updates on when I am streaming @the_gaming_dad

No comments:

Post a Comment