Sections

Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Borderlands and League with a mix of Neverwinter

To start it off, WHEEEEEE this has been an exciting weekend. Sunday was my wife's baby shower and man was she spoiled. We got a lot of stuff to help us out with taking care of the baby. We received about 1,200 diapers from people (that is a decent number). All we need is a few more items which can be paid for with returns and gift cards. I was expecting some guys to come so we could go around town and do some stuff but they couldn't make it because their wife got sick so I ended up having a few matches of LoL and dominating.

The week leading up to the shower was hectic because we had to finish planning and get everything made for the party. I had a test in my Math class on Thursday that I really hope I did well on with the side thundering that gave me quite a scare leaving the classroom. Heading home I had to drive 35 mph due to the storm and how bad it was. Between the shower planning, class and the long hours at work I got a bit of game-time in. Mostly playing Borderlands 2 with friends I have been honing my skills in LoL against  bots in  prep for me to play against people. (Still a long ways off, I am a terrible LoL player. You are welcome to join me and give me some pointers /clap)

Borderlands is still fun and has some really great perks to it. Golden keys, I wish there were more of these and that they didn't expire. I got some great guns and great purple equipment from these key. The Golden Keys is a promotion by Gearbox Studios to basically thank the community and help gear them up in game. I found most of the codes by looking on the internet for shift codes but their main delivery is from Twitter.

Over the weekend I downloaded Neverwinter at a friends request because we were having trouble playing on the Xbox One version. Supposedly the PC version of the game is supposed to be a better experience with better graphics and easier accessibility due to the keyboard and mouse function. For my experience it seemed that the Xbox One version had the better graphics and felt better in hand with a controller. The only thing that the PC version made better was talking in the text box which I rarely use outside of talking with friends. When I talk with friends on the console version I usually just pull them into party chat and it makes conversation much easier.

Xbox One update: One feature I found useful was the enhanced party chat. Before, I had a hard time talking with people in-game and with my party. They finally put a button with easy accessibility that switches party chat to game chat and vice-versa. This saves a ton of time instead of cancelling the party and having to make a party again just to talk to people in game.


Today is Monday and I was hoping to stream but I am extremely tired so I will probably play a few games of LoL and call it a night. If you want to play with me you are more than welcome, just find me on Twitter @The_gaming_dad :) Have a great week and talk to you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment