Sections

Monday, March 2, 2015

First Post in March

As the title suggests, this will be my first post in March. My last post was last month, February 28, last Friday. A lot has gone on between then and now. We took an hour and a half trip out east to visit some friends and one was having a baby shower. Let just say, they are quite entertaining, plus we got to eat and the food was really good. We also had some free time on Sunday and was able to spend it with friends in our neighborhood. Not as much time was spent playing video games as I had hoped. Plus, a friend introduced me to a very addicting game on my phone.

The line-up of games played over the weekend include, Dying Light, GTA V, MH4U, Pokemon and AdVenture Capitalism. First up, Dying Light. This game is still holding my attention but every time I go to play it someone wants to play GTA V with me. I inevitably give in to the demands of playing the massive area of Los Santos for the rest of the night and tuck Dying Light away. One day soon, I am going to go invisible on my Xbox One and get a full days worth of gaming into Dying Light because the game deserves some play time. It is such a beautiful game. I find myself stopping and just watching how the grass moves or how the leaves on the tree sway in the wind until a zombie grabs me from behind and snaps me out of the moment.

Next on the list of weekend games is Grand Theft Auto 5. This game has been in my possession day one both times. From the last generation to this generation, it has held my interest as long as Skyrim and Fallout games do. This is a game that will be on the back shelf whenever I have my baby girl in the room and probably won't get much play time. Over the weekend, I played this game the most. I usually started off in single player or playing Dying Light when friends want me to jump over and play online missions with them. Now more than before because heists are launching on MARCH 10th. I think I need to say this again. HEISTS ARE COMING MARCH 10TH! *clears throat* In preparation, we are playing as much online as we can and amassing as much money as we can to buy all the cars and new guns. Sadly, I usually end up spending my money before I have a significant amount.

Pokemon took up some of my free-time during the baby shower. Most of last week was spent beefing up my current hand of Pokemon getting them ready to take on the first gym leader, Roxanne. I think I spent to much time leveling them because it took no time to defeat her. Mainly because all of my Pokemon were ten levels higher than hers. After I beat her it was on to the next area which I stopped my playing at for the weekend. My mission for the weekend was accomplished and that was to beat Roxanne.


Picking up from there, I swapped out Pokemon for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and was able to play one 2 star mission before it was time to head home. I am slowly progressing through this game only because playing a hand held usually means I get distracted easier. Being able to close it, go eat, pick it back up in 4 hours and be at the same spot hurts my playing time. With a console, I usually have to give more time dedication to it and having a controller and tv means less distractions unless my wife needs something which I immediately put the controller down. Games I can always come back to.

That's it for the exciting Baby Gaming Daddy's weekend. I will not be streaming tonight due to an influx of homework since we missed two weeks of class. Streaming should be possible another day this week. Follow me on twitter to stay updated @the_gaming_dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment