Sections

Friday, February 27, 2015

FRIDAY!

Guess what day it is. That's right, it's Friday!

It feels really good to be home and wearing comfy clothing. This week has been one hectic week, from playing video games, my wife going to physical therapy, surprises doing our taxes, to an 11 hour Friday workday.

This week my wife and I have made the decision to cut our cable and boost our internet speeds through Time Warner Cable. Currently, I have 18 MBPS download speed and 2 MBPS uploading speed. To the average consumer this isn't to bad of a deal but to a gamer these are slow numbers. We have Amazon TV on every tv in our house. Most of our devises have Netflix on them which provides us with plenty of tv shows and movies. We hardly watch regular cable unless it is to check the news or the weather which we can do on our phones or on our computers. On Monday, I will be heading to TWC to return their box and cut our cable. I am having them upgrade us to their Ultimate Package which is 50 MBPS download speed and 5 MBPS upload speed. The upload speed is a little lack-luster but it is their fastest speed available right now. This will significantly improve my streaming capabilities and help provide for multiple devices running at once. No more bog time, YAY!

What games have I been playing this week? For starters, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Pokemon Omega Ruby on the Nintendo 3DS. These games are amazing. Pokemon takes an already great system mechanic and improves upon itself each year. MH4U is a new game to me and on the other side of the spectrum, playing wise, than Pokemon. There is more movement based and tactics involved in MH4U where I have to think while playing instead of getting to take my time in a turn-based game style.

On the Xbox One, Dying Light and GTA V have had my attention for the better part of the week. Dying Light is a game that I am currently streaming as my own play-through guide for myself. I take it one step at a time and get lost in the many side quest made available.

In anticipation for heist (finally), I have been playing GTA V. It is still a great game I can jump right in and not have to worry about pesky tactics. Either I drive a car or I point and shot a gun during mission. This is a game that I play to do some major unwinding from a stressful day.

Follow me on twitter @the_gaming_daddy for updates throughout the week. I also take request on games you want to see me play and different ways to play a game.

Come join me Monday nights while I stream on my Xbox One at http://www.twitch.tv/the_gaming_baby_daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment