Sections

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Movie time and slight gaming, Child of Light

On Friday, my friend bought me a ticket to see The Avenger: Age of Ultron. Wow is that such a great movie. This movie is AAA worthy to be seen. It really leads up for the next series in Marvels Phase 3 plan. I won't go into spoilers too much but I highly recommend going and seeing it.

Outside of awesome movie stuff we are coming into the closing weeks of our pregnancy. It won't be long now. Abby wants for our baby girl to be born on May 15th but I have a feeling she will be coming May 9th. So we shall see when she comes and you will be the first internet people to find out!

To the gaming. My gaming time has been a little lack of luster this week since next week is my last week of schooling for this semester and exam review and exams are here. I took two of my exams this morning and have my final class next Thursday. I am taking my summer classes off to help my wife take care of our child and I will be going back in the Fall hopefully. Let's talk about school another day and get back to the gaming side of life. This week I have been playing a bunch of LoL and Borderlands: 2 still with my friends. Playing these games with friends makes them better because you get to joke with them and have great moments not found in single player games. It is a great way to share in the fun.


Last month with games for Gold on the Xbox One was a game called Child of Light. After reading my blogs and my future blogs you will come to find out that I am not a big fan of indie games and usually steer clear of them. A few days ago I decided to give this game a try and have really enjoyed my time with this game. The movement is side scrolling with a combat similar to a mixture of Final Fantasy 1-10 and the newer gameplay of 11+. Combat is turned based but on a bar at the bottom. Using the firefly pal I was able to "slow" down my enemies "Face" bar so mine would move faster. It has been quite a blast so far since it made me think about my moves of defending and who  I needed to freeze to take a win in the battle. There is a bit of voice acting in the game but it is heavily based in text. The sentences are in rhymes so they are nice to read and have a little pizzaz added to the menu. If you haven't tried this game out yet I would suggest giving it a shot even if you do not like indie games. This game gives me hope and will be the first of many indie games I will play.

Follow me on twitter @the_gaming_dad to keep up with news and streaming times.

No comments:

Post a Comment