Sections

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mortal Kombat X review

This has been a very busy week and weekend. Last week, I picked up Mortal Kombat X and gave it a playthrough. My experience with it was outstanding. Playing Mortal Kombat 9 for a while and coming over to X was a huge change. The graphics and replayability skyrocketed through the roof.
Throughout the week I played the storyline, towers and versus online. 

STORY LINE:

It came no surprise to me that they picked X up from where 9 left off. For a new Mortal Kombat fan they do a good job making it accessible for them to pick up and play however playing through the previous games will help with background and references throughout the game. Mortal Kombat story lines are my favorite part of the game because I am terrible playing against a person. The stories replayable factor goes down significantly after the first playthrough unless I wanted to see how fast I could beat it.

TOWERS:

One of Mortal Kombats major components are their towers in which a player starts at a first fight progressing through a number of fights. Each time the player advances the opponent gets stronger and harder to beat. This mode is where I found my self more often than not because I could start at an easy opponent and work my way up to a harder one instead of being thrown straight into the fires of Versus mode.

VERSUS:

This mode is for the players who like to test their skills all around the world. Fighting games are not my specialty and it is clear after I jump into the ring with a few fighters. I won 1 games out of 8 but slowly got better and understood when to attack and when to block. The game is like a faster version of chess where one piece is moved and is countered by the opponent. It felt like I got countered most of the time.

During my playing time with Mortal Kombat X I noticed how beautiful the game has become for a fighting game. The rain actually made the clothes wet and water rain down the players faces. There wasn't any blocky hands or faces in this game. 

I am always up for a challenge so give me a heads up on twitter if you want to play @the_gaming_dad and I will stream our match.

I give Mortal Kombat X an 8.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment