Sections

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Evolve and Dying Light

     This has been a beautiful Friday....I mean Tuesday evening. This post was set to drop on Friday of last week but I was 5 hours away from my laptop or any of my consoles for that matter. I was visiting my grandmother in the mountains of North Carolina. Even though I didn't have my consoles with me. I did have my 3DS bu because I didn't want to be rude I didn't play any over the two day trip. Once I got back and finished my work around the house and spent time with my pregnant wife (10 weeks to go!) I finally made it upstairs into my game-room to play some video games. Over the weekend I played a variety of games from the Xbox One to the PC.

First up is....EVOLVE!

I picked this game up recently but didn't pre-order it so I didn't snag the 4th exclusive monster. My time has been shorter than I wanted in this game because I have been so spread out recently. The time I have spent in-game has been worth it though. There isn't much of a single player/story mission to this game and is geared towards competitive mulitplayer gameplay. 

     The game is a 4v1 playstyle meaning there are four hunters and one monster. The four hunters are assault, trapper, support and medic. So far there are only four monster types that can be played. Playing for a few hours I realized that I am a better assault class than any of the other hunter classes and the monster. 

     As a hunter or a monster, I am given four abilities (man, this game has a thing for the number 4) and one versatile ability i.e. jetpacks for the hunters and the climb/jump ability for the monsters.
This game is played the class abilities are a must know and how to use them in combination of the other classes. This game is teamwork based and really works well when the four hunters can communicate together. During the time I played, I didn't run into any other person who had a microphone turned on. Which means, we weren't able to coordinate our attacks together and trap the monster to our fullest potential.

     Playing as the assault class means I didn't have to worry about my other teammates as much. I could fully focus on the monster and let loose all of my attacks. As the other classes, I need to know the abilities and when to use them. Either heal another player, give a boost to a player, or trap the monster. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced game like this is not easy.

   All in all, this game is put together really well. The world itself is beautiful. I had to resist my usual urge to stop and just stare at the environment because this game is stunning. Since I am a story driven man, I couldn't give this game a high rating because it had no story outside of the banter between hunters which was comical. 

Dying Light is next...

     Dying Light is another game I wish I could take a week off from work to just play. This is how massive this game is. I have had this game since it has came out and have only progressed about 13% into the story. Granted, I do like to get sidetracked on side mission and just enjoy the scenery but this game has a really good story. It has a story similar to most zombie stories where the main character needs to find a way to survive and find out what happened in a zombie outbreak. Outside of the normal zombie progression it slowly gets harder as I progressed through the story and steadily gets harder the further along you get.

     I will be streaming this game most often right now because it is the game I can play more often. When I play GTA V online and their newly dropped heists update my party chat isn't recorded and streamed so only my voice is heard. Fix this please Twitch and Microsoft.

Tabletop Simulator

This game is available on PC and is a ton of fun when I want to bring together multiple people to play anytime of board game or poker (as seen above). I am currently experimenting with this game and seeing what I can play. It comes with a ton of base games to play but the modding community is where the fun games are at. I think I saw the counter at over 2k community created games so far.

You can find my Twitch stream at http://www.twitch.tv/the_gaming_baby_daddy
and don't forget to follow me on twitter for updates @the_gaming_dad

No comments:

Post a Comment